Saturday, August 19, 2017

Save a friend

So my friend doesn't respond to my calls, I always made an effort to call her or keep a tab on her. Slowly these days it was getting me pissed off. I mean, here I am doing a full time job, raising a dragon and trying to connect with her and there she is - single not responsive whatever reasons come may. I was seething with anger.

Then last month I called her up to make a brunch date it looks like she had shifted cities. And I finally thought I didn't have to go behind someone who doesn't reciprocate. There are people who genuinely love me and care about me, who reach out to me all the time that sometimes I take a break from them in need of space. I thought I will leave that so called 10+ years of friendship for good last week. But again this week I wanted to empathize with her one last time, I texted her how I felt, that I'm always making time for her when she is in her shell not answering back. She responds with a genuine heartfelt messgae that she's been happy that I have made numerous attempts to connect esp when she was alone and an explanation that she has been going through a LOT in terms of her alliance front, and told me that she was sorry and that things have been ugly for her. I surpsingly realise I may as well have thrown that relationship away, had I not told her that she's important but she's annoying me with the hide and seek behaviour, frankly. It dawns on me not to ignore someone, for they may be in need, give it one last chance "if it deserves". It did. We broke that effin ice.

Sometimes assumptions and ego kill beautiful relationships, I saved one of mine today.

No comments:

Post a Comment